Wednesday, October 29, 2008

News from Elder Holladay

Look! Zack is learning how to crochet!

Hey mom! LoL
Sister Carter is pretty funny! I hope I didn't embarrass you by singing that song! yeah Sis. Carter is cool. For the life of me, I couldn't remember the tune to "Give Said the Little Stream (rock version), let alone the words. Elder Palmer said that you sounded really young. I love Elder Palmer!
how did dad tweak his knee? was he playing with a hammer? or is he getting.... you know...old? Does he get to wear a brace now? did it swell up? did you get a picture? does he have to use crutches? I think he did it on purpose so that he could take a break from putting tile in. :P
...I showed the twins that Spencer and I had put down the tile. Jake said, "Hey! I was going to help with that!" Huh! Go figure! I think Jake is trying to tell you to make him do more work. He was obviously very distraught that he couldn't help with the tiling, so you need to find something else for him to do. something harder perhaps.
Jake got above a 3.0?????? WOW! I did NOT see that comin! he must have taken all easy classes this semester. Tell him and spence I said good job! oh and everyone else did a good job too.

The missionary mall socks are my favorite. the padded ones. they are soooo much more comfortable than the gold-toe ones. I also heard that they last 2 years as well, so yeah get me one of those plz. and/or maybe a tie and/or some white socks for P-day and/or an old white shirt that I can use to make a tie buddy.

Oh I got a new companion, Elder Okamoto. He's from Tokyo, Japan. He's the youngest of 3 siblings. he has 2 older sisters. He is an EXCELLENT artist and he likes a lot of the same things that I do. I think we'll get along just swell.
Well thats all the time I have today, I'll type you next week!
Love,
Elder Holladay
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008

ok so I have 7 minutes left, so I thought I'd answer this one real quick.
which bathroom did you paint? yours? what colour? has it snowed any since that one sunday that you got 3-4 inches?

It actually didn't snow where I was. It was just cold. It rained though. Oh, yesterday we chopped wood for the Reese's. I got two huge blisters, but it was fun! It was really "naughty" wood too. Elder Palmer taught us how to swing an axe. I'm still not very good at it, but I'm more effective.

We carved giant pumpkins not too long ago. I'd send you a pic. but I've run out of time. We carved the Washington DC Temple. it turned out pretty cool! but we don't know what it looks like when it's lit up.

No comments: