Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Elder Edgar and Elder Zack

Hey Mom!

Merry Christmas!

I almost debated on just waiting until tomorrow to email, but I figured I'd do it while I had the time.

I got the package you sent to the apartment. I don't know which one it is because I haven't opened it yet. I haven't had time today. We've been running around like chickens with no heads. This morning we put together the supply orders for all the missionaries(except one zone) that has to go to the mission home before 10am Saturday. Then we had to drive all the way to East Brunswick to deliver some packages that arrived today for the missionaries up there. Now we came back to do emails which I'm doing now. Then afterwards we have a Christmas Open-house to go to in Edgewater park.

This past week I've been training Elder Howard how to do the referrals and trying to get the slide show on to a DVD. Oh and the slide show didn't work out the way we'd hoped. We couldn't get it to render correctly. We spent a long time trying to get it to render but it wouldn't work. We tried leaving it over night, but it didn't work so we had to do it a different way temporarily. I think that I got it to render correctly so now all I have to do is burn it to 12 DVDs and then mail it to the missionaries that departed on Sunday.

Elder Pfost and Elder Johnson are my new roommates. They'll be on a bike covering most of our old area. No one knows their area in this ward. I only know the other area. It's gonna be a fun transfer!

It snowed a ton on Saturday! We were in the office most of the day trying to get the the slide show to work. We gave up and decided to just leave it overnight to see if it would work the next day. We left around 8PM. We came out and our car was buried in almost a foot and a half of snow. The snow plow had plowed everywhere around our car so the snow got piled up. We had to dig our car out and we still got stuck. Eventually we got out and got home safely. There were very few people on the roads.

Half of those people were on the side of the road, stuck. We got home around 9 because we had to go slow. The snow plows were just starting to get to work. The roads weren't very plowed until day two after the storm, after everything had pretty much melted.

So tomorrow we will wake up and open our presents and play and have fun and stuff. Then at 1PM we'll go to the office and make calls. You'll have to call around that time, maybe around 1:30PM. Maybe I'll just call you and then you can call back. I think you have the phone number. Then at 4PM we have dinner with the Sikahema family.

WHAO! You haven't wrapped any presents? I hope you have some wrapped by the time you get this email. Or are you just going to let everyone see what they got before they get it?

Yesterday we had our Christmas activity. We played water balloon-catch with beanbags in teams of companionships in the cultural hall. Then we made teams of tables and we made little commercial skits to sell something. We had to sell something, but we couldn't sell the item that we had. For instance, my group had to sell a reindeer Christmas tree ornament, but we sold a Robotomatic 5000 that does everything for a low low price of 100 payments of just $1. It was also made in Japan. We got second place in that. Then we did Name that Christmas tune as a team.

That one was more difficult than I thought it would be. Then we played Guess that movie quote. Then we ate lunch. It was delicious! We had roast beef sandwiches and salad and fruit. Then we had a rave party with glow sticks. Then we had a white elephant gift exchange. Then the packages got passed out by "Santa". He looked kinda goofy in his costume.

Love you!


No comments: