Sunday, March 8, 2009

Zack News

Dear Mom,

I got transferred to Haddon Heights. Its kind of by Camden and Cherry Hill. I'm back down south in the Cherry Hill stake. Bike area again! My new companion, Elder Quatel, says that its not as hill-y and its pretty much all city. This pleases me. I don't like riding my bike UP hills. So far it seems like a cool area from the 2 hours I've been here. When Elder Quatel talks about this area, he makes it sound like it's a lot more missionary-work-activated than Bordentown. Which pleases me also. It was hard to stay motivated when you're working hard and nothing happens. I think that I'll enjoy this area.

Elder Quatel is from Brazil. He speaks/understands at least five languages. English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, and sign language. and also a little bit of Japanese. He's pretty cool! He likes soccer and basketball and rafting. mostly out-door sports. He comes from a family of 5. He's the youngest. He has an older sister and an older brother. I look forward to serving with him this transfer.

My new address is:
112 8th Ave. 2nd floor
Haddon Heights, NJ 08035

It's a smaller apartment. No washer or dryer or dishwasher. No drawers for clothes (at least I haven't found any yet). It feels very small to me because the ceiling is shorter than I'm used to. However, Elder Quatel tells me that we might be moving to a different apartment sometime this transfer. I will try to confirm that this Sunday when I see the office couple. I don't know the date yet, but I'll try to find that out. I hope we get one with a washer and dryer...

I'm going to send a package home containing my jeans. They don't fit me any more. They were way too tight around the waist. When I wear them, every time I pick something up I keep expecting them to rip(but they haven't). I picked up some jeans a few weeks ago, so I'm still good for p-day clothes. I will send my reply to both you and mike in the package so you'll at least get something out of it.

We got a pretty big snow storm on Monday! President called and said that we shouldn't ride our bikes or drive our cars. So we spent the first half of the day shoveling snow in the apartment complex. It took us about an hour and a half. Then we went over to Sis. Parke's house and played Monopoly. Actually, we've played Electronic Monopoly(way better than the original monopoly) with and without(if they weren't home we couldn't play with them) Sis. Parke and Sis. Phillips on P-days. Its fun and I usually win! :P


Lots of love,

Zack

No comments: