Friday, January 30, 2009

More New Jersey News!

Hey mom!

I think that one other shirt shrunk, but it still fits me (sorta) its the long-sleeve missionary mall shirt. I still wear it when I'm down to my last shirts for the week.

Eating Sushi: The fish wasn't so bad actually. Bro. Kuboshige, who took us to the Japanese Restaurant, told me that the wasabi there wasn't very spicy, so you needed a lot of it to taste it. So I took like a teaspoon of wasabi and mixed it with some soy sauce. I think next time I'll try a little less wasabi. The worst thing is the ginger. ....the dreaded ginger... that stuff is beyond nasty....I'm actually trying to go out of my way to try new foods. usually its pretty good. I actually tried some guacamole dip the other night too. it was pretty good. I never thought I'd like guacamole, but its alright.

Fazooka Recipe: It doesn't actually have to be a ceramic bowl, just a small individual bowl that can stay in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. We used glass one time and it turned out fine. nothing broke. They are soooooo good! I think I might make some tonight if I have time.

The bike isn't so bad. I went and bought some thermals and they keep me warm. I actually wouldn't mind if they kept me in bike area's the rest of my mission. The only thing I don't like about the bike is when the ground is wet because then, if I go too fast I get sprayed... that part isn't too fun...but all in all its all good. I actually asked Elder Okamoto that same question, "what if you get transferred to a bike area?" and he still said that he didn't need it. I later found out why... The bike needed some minor repairs. mostly just some missing and loose screws. nothing too serious. I fixed it up so I can ride more comfortably. Nothing has broken yet since I've fixed it up.

Wow! Spencer must be quite the pianist! I hope he keeps practicing (even though it might not be the funnest activity). I hope he'll be able to play some Beethoven or some Mozart or something for me when I get back! That would be SWEET!

From what I understand of when I'm going home, I'll probably fly home on Thursday (7/22/10). After Transfer meeting, I'll probably spend the rest of the day at the Mission Home and stay the night there and then leave for the land of infinite P-days in the morning.

The glass from the picture broke? I thought the bubble wrap and the other things would protect it somewhat... Do they run over everything that goes through the mail with a steam roller or something? I figured you'd like it if I labeled everything. I even thought about labeling the box that said "package from zack" but I thought that might have been a little excessive. The pretzels ARE pretty good. I don't know if you remember "Pocky" but THAT stuff is the best. I think Takuya had some when he was staying with us.

Is that one of those Amish fireplaces? I heard they're really great. It looks kind of funny in front of the railing.

Elder Davis says he's from the "Central Ward"

I've been working on my Jedi skillz and I've been trying to send hugs telepathically. I keep trying different ways to see if it will work, but most of the time I fail. Evidently SOMETHING worked. I've tried so many things, and I don't even know which one worked... I guess I'll have to start at the beginning again and go slow so that I can know which one it was.*HUG* did it work?(love you mom!)

Thank you for the treat! I love it when I get treats like those! Thanks!

Well I'm out of time and Elder Davis is waiting for me.

Love and Hugs,
Elder Holladay

No comments: