Saturday, November 29, 2008

Zack Notes Part II


Hey mom!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE YOU SENT ME! The camera is very nice! I really enjoyed the pictures and videos that you put on it! I also enjoyed the cards that your primary class sent. They are very sweet. The brownies and cookies didn't last more than one day. Tell the Johnsons Elder Okamoto and I said "Thank you'! I wear my slippers almost every day. I had actually found some slippers that the sisters had left, but they were too small, and they didn't keep my feet very warm.
I found out some news from President Winegar today. starting in April, they're going to reduce the number of full-time missionaries in our mission from 106 to about 60. Also, starting next transfer, we can only go to the temple once during our mission. Elder Perry said to reduce the number from 2 to 1 time in the temple for missionaries. Pres. Winegar decided to let us go to the temple at our halfway mark, so I'll be able to go to the temple next summer.
RJ Still is still prodigal, but we can still work with him. He's still our friend, so we might take him out to lunch next week.
Tiffany is still solid. She has made many friends in the church, ( as you probably already know from talking to her).
We talked with wayde and we had dinner with him and with the Carey's (they gave us the refferal that led us to wayde). We had pizza at the Sal's Pizza that's right next door to the mechanics shop. We then talked about the papers that he got from his pastor, and we all came to the consensus that the papers were false. He's still golden.
It finally snowed here! During the weekend on Friday I think. It snowed about an inch. maybe an inch and an quarter. at least that's how much there was on the ground when we woke up. We actually had to scrap off the car. luckily it was wet snow, so it was good snowball material. I got in some good hits and Elder Okamoto got in some good hits.
Elder Okamoto is still teaching me Japanese. I've found that its pretty easy for me to pronouce japanese, but its nearly impossible for me to read Japanese. First I have to learn the japanese alphabet which has 142 characters. then there are more than 100,000 other characters for certain words. I'm still working on the alphabet, but hopefully one day I'll be able to carry on a conversation in japanese. One day...and if I get there, I have to learn japanese grammar. its lots of work.
So how's New York? cold?
Well my time here is up.
Ja!
Aishiteru!
Love,
Elder Holladay

No comments: