Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday, Sunday. So good to me!

We have been working hard all week! I talked Dave into doing a little work for his sister so he could have some $$$ for his silly hobbies. He had John over there helping him hang doors. I was so impressed how Dave included John on all the decisions and made him feel an important part of the process. Dave said he really had fun working with him. He did the same with Jake when they were putting in the water softener. I love to see that "Father-Son" bonding and it will be some great memories for them.


We had the Heaps Primary Program tonight. I wish I had a picture to share, but I will get one off their blog when her mom updates it. Emily picked the people she wanted to speak about which subject. Every person did an excellent job in adding to the spirit of the program. It was the best meeting I've been to in a long time. The talks were short and oh so sweet! Each person spoke from their heart. The Primary kids sang so well and Emily did an awesome job playing the guitar with me for the first time in public (she did the strumming). I was especially touched by Matt's (dad) talk about how his mom, who had passed away a year before his mission, was there watching over him while he was on his mission. She must have been there with the other angels sharing this special time with the family. What an amazing experience it was to be with this family while they shared their testimonies and life experiences. It was an exceptional program that I think none of us will forget. I think we were in Heaven, for just an hour!

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Thanks Rose for being the best Primary Teacher and such an inspiration, I almost want to ask the primary president, please can I be a primary teacher, You make all of us realize what it means to magnify your calling. The happiness you have brought to my Emily, I will be eternally grateful to you for all you have done. I can't thank you enough. I can just try to do better in what ever I'm asked to do because of your example. I love and appreciate you! Thanks Thanks Thanks

Rose said...

Aaaawe! Sweet!