Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Musings...

I was just sitting here getting a grateful heart for all of the different people in my life.  I don't know if we get to pick the families we are born into, or where you fall in the "pecking order".  I am the oldest girl, but I don't think I was a very good big sister.  Some people come by it naturally, but I needed a role model.  I looked to my cousins, but didn't see them often enough to grasp what a cool big sister was suppose to be like.  What I really wanted was to have a big sister of my own.  Marrying into Dave's family gave me that.  His sister, Joyce, is about 9 years my senior.  I love talking to her and hanging out with her.  We get together and play cards (with our hubbies), sometimes or go out to eat...or both.  She's an "only girl", so she likes having a younger sister to share with.  She has a wonderful gift of knowing how to validate!


I have sisters...and brothers, but it seems they are too busy or too far away to have the sibling relationships I need in my life.  So God puts substitutes in...I love that!!!  I have so many friends to fill my "relationship" needs!  Friends of every, shape, size and age.  I have sister/friends who come help me get my life organized, some who bring me "love" bread or treats, some who make me laugh, play sports with me, have nice long heart-to-heart talks, sister hugs, given me advice, shared heart aches, bring me flowers, brings my family meals when needed.  They are sisters of my heart. <3

My guy friends are awesome too!  I think of them as brothers...mostly they are the guys that love to tease me!  One brother/friend loves to steal my music in choir.  Another loves to come screaming into my racquetball court and scare the living daylights out of me...OK, that part isn't so awesome, but it's usually funny!  One of them rallied behind our family and sent emails out to all his friends in support of Jake, and raised over $1000 to go towards Jake's bills!  None of his friends knew us...I was very touched!  Mostly, they like to make me laugh...or scream! lol

So, yes...I am grateful for my brother/sister friends who fill my need to have brothers and sisters...every day!

1 comment:

Jill Heaps said...

You have great friends because YOU are a great friend! What would we do with LOVE??? You my dear are very easy to love :)