Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A letter to the Cedar Hollow 4th Ward, et.al.


February 3, 2010

Dear members of the Cedar Hollow 4th Ward,

Thank you so much for all of your love and support (and letters/packages)! They really meant a lot to me. You’ve brightened my day more than once.

So I guess you’ll want to know how I’m doing huh? Well everything is going great! I love being on a mission. My favorite part of being a missionary is meeting people and teaching them the gospel and seeing the Holy Ghost touch their lives. So far I’ve gotten along with all of my companions. I’ve been blessed with companions that are easy to get along with.

So far on my mission I’ve been there for the baptism of 7 people. I’ve also helped many others progress towards the waters of baptism. As a mission, last year we baptized 167 people. My mission may not be the highest baptizing mission, but we’ve certainly got a lot of hard workers.

The people of New Jersey are great! Most people aren’t interested in the gospel though (yet). I’ve met people that are kind of cold. I have also met quite a few people that are very kind. So we have both ends of the spectrum here in New Jersey.

I would have to say that the most amazing thing that has happened to me would be the little miracles that happen almost everyday. Whether its being guided to someone who needs help, or appointments falling through so we can find new investigators, or having things work out when they shouldn’t. I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father so strong.

Well, hope everything is well in the ward.

God bless!

Elder Holladay

No comments: