Sunday, June 3, 2007

Family Update

We finally got the fence fixed on the South side of the house. The dog would jump over the fence so we put tomato cages on top and boards to prevent her from doing that. Then she found out that she could dig under the fence so we had all sorts of brick piled up so she wouldn’t get out that way either. Jake, John, Dave and I got this new fence up. My neighbor donated the sod you can see. I could just kick myself because they offered enough sod to cover both sides, but I forgot that I would need it so I said no. The sod I ended up with was all the end pieces that Zack pieced together for me to cover the one side. This used to be where my garden was. It was way too much work to keep it weeded, so we decided to put grass in. I’m thinking about putting some box planters over on the right side so I can grow a few tomatoes and cucumbers. It was all I could do to get my dog (Molly) to sit still long enough for me to take her picture. She gets so excited when she sees me, she won’t sit still for very long. That’s her “happy my mom’s taking me for a walk”, look. The fence we put up is at the end of the walk way. I put that walk way and the picket fence and the arbor by myself (well, Dave helped with cementing the posts in straight). I wish I would have taken a before picture so you could see how much better it looks. Dave got most of the sprinklers fixed. We had a cold, cold winter and two of our sprinkler pipes burst and some of the drains froze open. Dave has been spending all his weekends fixing them.


2 comments:

fern said...

IT LOOKS GREAT- the climbing roses are fantastic!

Rose said...

Thanks! They went over the top last year, but I cut them back.